Your first step in a scuba diving career
Your adventure into the professional levels of recreational scuba diving begins with the PADI Divemaster program.
This internship will expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills to the professional level. PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities, qualifying you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers.
PADI Divemaster is the prerequisite certification for the PADI Instructor Development Course – IDC
Throughout the internship our Go PRO Instructor Team will team-teach sections of the program, but you will have one dedicated PADI Instructor to mentor you.
In addition to the courses candidates will also undergo supervised practical training in real life situations dealing with real people.
We offer UNLIMITED diving throughout the program and you dive EVERYDAY if you wish, so gaining the required amount of experience is fun and convenient as we dive 3 times a day – everyday!
Our PADI 5 STAR IDC Centre is surrounded with fantastic diving. Even though you will be here to learn, diving is part of this education and with 49 dive sites on our doorstep, no time is wasted on long boat or car rides.
Your training is conducted on the island everyday, you don’t have to stay on the mainland stuck in a classroom.
By joining our Facebook profile, you will see what we get up to every day and read about other internship candidates’ daily activities.
As a PADI Divemaster in training you are required to own your own compass, SMB & dive computer. We also recommend that you own your own equipment, but this is not a requirement. You can find everything you need at our KK Times Square Dive Shop.
Below you will see an example of the 1 month PADI Divemaster Internship. All internships include private, en-suite accommodation with air-conditioning.
PADI Go PRO Divemaster Internship
Cost: from US$ 1,465
Duration: 1 Month
1 month’s unlimited Scuba diving from our Downbelow Beach House Dive Centre in Tunku Abdul Rahman Park includes
- Pleasure Diving – Boat and shore/ jetty dives, plus learning to be a Diving Educator, learning & developing your Divemaster skills, assisting with student divers in training, guiding certified divers
- PADI Divemaster Course with 1 year membership
- Internship training in a working PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Centre, gaining insight into business of diving
- All required Divemaster training materials (yours to keep) Divemaster Manual, Divemaster Slates, PADI Instructor Manual w/Embroidered Nylon Zippered Binder, DM Hologram, ERDP ML
- Lunch and refreshments daily at the Beach House Dive Centre on Gaya Island
- All jetty and park fees
- 1 x Night Dive – including torch rental
- All transfers to/from mainland in KK to Downbelow Beach House Dive Centre
- Free use of wireless Internet at Dive Shop and classroom
- Company rate on all travel packages offered by Downbelow Marine and Wildlife Adventures Sdn. Bhd. (this includes world class Sipadan & Kapalai, Lankayan, Layang Layang & Wildlife Adventure Safaris)
- Accommodation: clean & comfortable private room, en-suite with shared communal facilities in KK City. Its great for socializing.
- Our licensed minivan will pick you up from your accommodation and bring to the marina for our speedboat departure to the island and bring you back everyday, so you don’t have to worry about any logistics.
- Airfare to Kota Kinabalu & Evening Meals, Alcoholic Beverages, Items not mentioned above
To take this course, you must be:
- 18 years old
- A PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- A PADI Rescue Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- An Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (or qualifying first aid and CPR training from another organization) course completion within the past 24 months.
- Have at least 40 dives to begin the course and 60 for certification
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement (PDF) signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
If you do not yet meet the required pre-requisites then you can contact the Downbelow Go PRO Instructor Team, telling us your current qualification level & number of logged dives plus your available time to complete the internship and we will propose a suitable program with quotation.
Please also download our Frequently Asked Questions PDF for further information
On all courses and internships safety is paramount, we adhere to PADI standards and procedures and follow British HSE guidelines. Read more about our dive centre facilities plus equipment & safety.